Welcome, everyone. Here is information about Still Mind Zendo's meditation (zazen) schedule. We will resume in-person zazen at the zendo on September 14th, but for zendo members only. If you are not a member, you can join us for morning zazen online (see information below) until our zendo re-opens to the public.
Please give whatever you can to support our zendo when you attend one of our meditation sessions. With deep thanks.
Because we are opening the zendo only to members (who receive schedule information by email), we will not be posting our zendo schedule here until we open to the public. However, if you're a non-member who would like to join us for weekday morning online zazen, here is information on how to access the session.
If you are a Zen beginner and would like to receive introductory instruction, please click here for information.
Morning meditation (weekdays)
Every weekday morning, open to the public
Monday-Wednesday mornings feature one 25-minite period of zazen; Thursday and Friday mornings include two 25-minute meditation periods, with 5 minutes of slow kin-hin in between.
- Monday, 8-8:30 AM
- Tuesday, 8-8-30 AM
- Wednesday, 8-8:30 AM
- Thursday, 7:30-8:30 AM
- Friday, 7:30-8:30 AM
To connect with one of our meditation sessions, use your computer or smart phone to click on the following Zoom link: https://nyu.zoom.us/j/817105360 or you may join by telephone: 646-558-8656 / Meeting ID: 817-105-360
- If you have never used Zoom and need to install it on your computer, click the link above to join the Zoom conference and your browser will give you instructions on how to install the app.
- Once you are connected, in order to hear the facilitator and teacher, please click “Join with computer audio” if you are using a computer.
- Your microphone will be muted and your video will be off when you enter the Zoom. Please leave it that way, including during chanting.
- At this point you can go to your meditation place (facing an uncluttered area or bare wall, if possible) and wait for the opening bell.
During the year, the zendo is closed at the following times:
- Labor Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Weekend
- Christmas/New Year's Week
- Late January to early March -- closed Thursday evenings (for ango)
- Memorial Day Weekend
- July 4th Weekend
- In July -- closed Saturday mornings
- In August -- closed Saturday mornings and Thursday evenings