Welcome, everyone. Here is information about Still Mind Zendo's weekly meditation schedule. See our Calendar for additional programs and longer meditation sessions.
We require all participants in our scheduled zazen sessions to register in advance, provide proof of full vaccination against Covid-19, and wear a mask at all times in the zendo. Without advance registration we regret that entry to our zendo is not possible at this time; we cannot accept walk-ins. To register, please click here.
Detailed meditation schedule
Tuesday evenings, 6:55 pm to 9:00 pm
This is the primary meditation of the week
Two periods of zazen (seated meditation) followed by a dharma talk
Zendo opens at 6:30 pm
Thursday evenings, 6:55 pm to 8:15 pm
Two periods of zazen (seated meditation)
Zendo opens at 6:30 pm
No Thursday meditation during winter ango or in August
Saturday mornings, 8:55 am to 10:30 am
Two periods of zazen (seated meditation) followed by a short Work Practice period
Zendo opens at 8:30 am
Zendo closed Saturdays in July and August
Suggested donation: $10 for each of the above for non-members
The zendo is closed during these times:
~ Labor Day weekend
~ Thanksgiving weekend
~ December 22, 2021 -January 2, 2022
~ Memorial Day weekend
~ July 4th weekend
~ During weekend out-of-town retreats (see calendar)
Online meditation, weekday mornings
Open to the public
Monday-Wednesday mornings feature one 25-minite period of zazen; Thursday and Friday mornings include two 25-minute meditation periods, with 5 minutes of slow kin-hin in between.
- Monday, 8-8:30 AM
- Tuesday, 8-8-30 AM
- Wednesday, 8-8:30 AM
- Thursday, 7:30-8:30 AM
- Friday, 7:30-8:30 AM
To connect with one of our meditation sessions, use your computer or smart phone to click on the following Zoom link: https://nyu.zoom.us/j/817105360 or you may join by telephone: 646-558-8656 / Meeting ID: 817-105-360
- If you have never used Zoom and need to install it on your computer, click the link above to join the Zoom conference and your browser will give you instructions on how to install the app.
- Once you are connected, in order to hear the facilitator and teacher, please click “Join with computer audio” if you are using a computer.
- Your microphone will be muted and your video will be off when you enter the Zoom. Please leave it that way, including during chanting.
- At this point you can go to your meditation place (facing an uncluttered area or bare wall, if possible) and wait for the opening bell.
During the year, the zendo is closed at the following times:
- Labor Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Weekend
- Christmas/New Year's Week
- Late January to early March -- closed Thursday evenings (for ango)
- Memorial Day Weekend
- July 4th Weekend
- In July -- closed Saturday mornings
- In August -- closed Saturday mornings and Thursday evenings