Work Practice Guidelines
At the zendo we refer to our Work Practice Guidelines whenever we have a Work Practice period. Some practitioners have also found them useful at home and in workplaces.
Here are the Work Practice Guidelines we use at the zendo:
- Have a goal for your work. It is the catalyst for all action.
- Have a goal but have no achievement in sight. Let the action be the achievement.
- Be present - mindful. Pay Attention. Return to the task at hand when your mind wanders.
- Work with a still mind - stilling unnecessary chatter.
- Do only one thing at a time.
- Finish what you begin now - not later.
- Don't judge your work or the work of others.
- Pay attention.
To print out a pdf of these guidelines, please click here