Developing Your Zen Practice
The following pages are meant both for people who have recently taken the Introduction to Zen evening as well as for practitioners who would like encouragement in the development of their practice.
Here is an overview of what follows in case you wanted to access just what interests you.
For beginners to Zen, we strongly suggest you read over all this material.
- The Structure of Zen: Why It Is Necessary
- Zazen Guidelines
- Walking Mediation (kin-hin) Guidelines
- Zendo Procedure at SMZ
- Some Practical Solutions to Difficulties that Arise in Zazen Practice
- One-to-One Teaching: Daisan or Dokusan
- Dharma Talks
- Work Practice
- Home Practice
- Zen Training at SMZ
- Jukai (Receiving the Precepts)
- The Altar
- Suggested Reading
- Where to Purchase Zafus/Seiza benches
- Warm up Exercises
- Glossary of Zen Words